A Katrina Survival Toolkit was provided to participants attending the Atlanta, GA and Houston, TX community forums hosted by the DSCEJ. The toolkit included:
- New Orleans Resource list with contact information to government agencies and non-profit organizations;
- "Protecting Yourself While Helping Others" safety awareness booklet;
- Information and application for the Safe Way Back Home project;
- Brochure for "The Road Home" housing plan for Louisiana neighborhoods;
- Registration information for New Orleans public schools;
- The Katrina Town Crier newsletter;
- In The Wake of the Storm, report.