PROGRAM MANAGER POSITION Worker Training Program (WTP)
Position Description – Program Manager
The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice is seeking an experienced Program Manager. We are interested in hiring a highly motivated person who can perform day-to-day administrative duties including tracking data, writing reports, attending WTP meetings and trainings, tracking WTP graduates' progress, and processing contracts and invoices.
About the Organization
The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (DSCEJ) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and families harmed by pollution and vulnerable to climate change in the Gulf Coast Region through research, education, community and student engagement for policy change, as well as health and safety training for environmental careers.
Currently, the DSCEJ employs 13 people. The DSCEJ directs projects involving universities and community-based organizations in seven states.
The DSCEJ was founded by Dr. Beverly Wright in 1992 in collaboration with community environmental groups and universities in the Southern region to advance environmental justice. Since this time, the DSCEJ has become a powerful resource for environmental justice research, education, advocacy, as well as health and safety training for environmental careers.
The DSCEJ provides opportunities for communities, scientific researchers, and decision makers to collaborate on projects that promote the rights of all people to be free from environmental harm as it impacts health, jobs, housing, education, and quality of life. A major goal of the Center continues to be the development of environmental justice leaders in African American and other communities of color along the Mississippi River Chemical Corridor and the broader Gulf Coast Region.
· Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. The position requires significant report writing, data collection, and communicating with community partners and employment agencies.
· Incumbent will report to the Assistant Director for Training and Operations implementing day to day administration and program activities including tracking data, writing reports, attending WTP meetings and trainings, tracking WTP graduates' progress, and processing contracts and invoices.
· Requires in-depth knowledge of WTP regulations and laws as well as knowledge of effective case management procedures. The ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations. The ability to communicate orally and in writing. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employment agencies and other partner agencies. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work or related field.
· Minimum of five years of experience.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· High work ethic and integrity.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs, and Google platform.
· A flexible, creative, entrepreneurial spirit and a shared for the mission, vision and values of the DSCEJ.
· An approachable nature and ability to handle questions and requests timely.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and complete tasks.
· Ability to contribute and collaborate with the team and across the organization.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Experience working with diverse constituents, teams and colleagues.
· Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the face of ambiguity and challenge.
· Organizational and program management experience.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range: $55-65K.
It is the policy of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a detailed cover letter highlighting your interest, your resume and three professional references in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Program Manager Position in the subject line.